All monthly rents quoted are for a minimum rental period of 6 months. Upon signing the Tenancy Agreement the Tenant shall then pay the deposit and first month's rent.
Prospective Tenants will be asked to provide bank and employment details and if necessary they will be contacted to supply a reference or alternatively references may be requested from your previous Landlord.
A security Bond/Deposit equal to five weeks rent is required in respect of each property refundable at the end of the Tenancy, providing the property is left in a clean and satisfactory condition. The Bond may NOT be used as rent under any circumstances.
It is the Tenant's responsibility to insure any possessions he/she brings into the property.
Payment of all utilities, including water rates or metered water supply and Council Tax, will be the responsibility of the Tenant unless otherwise stated.
Tenants should note that they are responsible for maintaining fuses, light bulbs and smoke alarm batteries.
In the event of a repair being required please ensure you carry out the following procedures listed below:-
- For loss of power please check all fuses and circuit breakers – this includes plugs. If this does not resolve the problem please contact your energy supplier as this may be due to a power cut in your area.
- In the case of large domestic appliances, e.g: cooker, washing machine etc, please check instruction manual first (if manual is not available please contact your local office to arrange a duplicate copy if available). If this does not resolve the problem please call our office quoting serial number, make and model of appliance and a full description of fault.
- In the case of a water leak please locate and shut of the mains supply and or isolation valve before contacting our office or alternative contractor to deal with the issue. If a third party contractor has been used please inform our office as soon as we are open.
- In the event of no water please contact Yorkshire Water.
- Should you smell gas at the property please turn off the supply at your meter and contact national gas emergency service on 0800 111 999 immediately. Once the contractor has located where the leak has occurred please advise our office for us to arrange a for the issue to be rectified.